Friday, September 18, 2009

"12 Step" Not Just for Alcoholism Anymore!!!

"God grant us the serenity to accept that our condo does not have a Renter. The courage to lower the rent if needed to get a Renter. And the wisdom to know when to let it go to foreclosure."

Yes this was my modified version of the "Serenity Prayer" for today. How peaceful life’s craziness can be when you finally put the 12 steps in to daily practice. I have found myself almost to calm it seems at times! I have learned what I can't control and have given those to my Higher Power to work. This is sometimes difficult for me as I always attempted some form of fruitless control  and stressed over some of  life’s situations. I would push and push to make things work out the way I thought they should be. Now I just try hard to not "Try Hard."

There is beauty in letting go!!!

Steps One - "We admitted we were powerless and our lives had become unmanageable."
Step Two - "Came to believe that a power greater then ourselves could restore us to sanity."
Step Three - "Made a decsion to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him."

Those three steps continue to help me in everyday life. I am no saint, and like most there are days when I have to recite them to remember why I started working the Al-Anon program. There are many more steps, and many more days in my life to come, but as long as I continue working the 12 Steps I will always have a place to turn to when I need to "Let Go and Let God!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment